The Governors Ball 2022 lineup has just been announced! As one of the country’s biggest annual music festivals, Gov Ball has a reputation for featuring some of the best lineups of any festival, while providing a unique experience in the nation’s largest market.
While many festivals take place in rural settings that have open, sprawling spaces on which the stages and campgrounds can be set up, Governors Ball takes place in New York City.
We know it can be a tall order to figure out all of the logistics when it comes to spending a weekend attending a festival like Gov Ball, and we at TickPick have got all of the important 2022 lineup and festival information, as well as tips on how to get the cheapest tickets in the blog below!
- 1 Who Is Headlining Governors Ball 2022?
- 2 What Is the Lineup for Governors Ball 2022?
- 3 When Will Governors Ball 2022 Take Place?
- 4 Where Is the Governors Ball Held?
- 5 When Do Governors Ball Tickets Go on Sale?
- 6 How to Buy Governors Ball Festival Tickets
- 7 What Kinds of Passes Are There for Governors Ball?
- 8 How To Get To Governors Ball
- 9 Does Governors Ball Have Single-Day Tickets?
- 10 Where Can I Sell My Governors Ball Tickets?
- 11 How to Get Sold Out Governors Ball Tickets
- 12 How to Get the Cheapest Governors Ball Tickets
- 13 Get Governors Ball 2022 Tickets
Who Is Headlining Governors Ball 2022?
What Is the Lineup for Governors Ball 2022?
The three-day festival will feature a number of artists on each day. Friday’s big names apart from the headliners include Migos, Jack Harlow, Louis the Child, Black Pumas, Skepta, and more.
Saturday’s lineup includes top artists like Flume, Roddy Ricch, YG, Tove Lo, Denzel Curry, plus more.
On Sunday you can catch Playboi Carti, Glass Animals, Kaytranada, Clairo, Becky G, Jazmine Sullivan, Japanese Breakfast, 100 Gecs, and more.
When Will Governors Ball 2022 Take Place?
The NYC festival will take place over a three-day weekend from Friday, June 10th through Sunday, June 12th.
Where Is the Governors Ball Held?
Up until last year, Gov Ball took place on Randall’s Island. Now, it’s being held at Citi Field in Queens. It’s a quick subway ride or walk away from other NYC boroughs, making transportation a breeze compared to other festivals that are located in the middle of nowhere and force the majority of attendees to sleep in tents all weekend.
When Do Governors Ball Tickets Go on Sale?
Tickets for Governors Ball 2022 go on sale on Thursday, January 27th at 12 pm local time. Tickets tend to sell out fast, since NYC is such a desirable place to visit for many, so be sure to hurry and get your passes ASAP. If they’re sold out, click to get the cheapest Governors Ball tickets of any secondary marketplace.
How to Buy Governors Ball Festival Tickets
First thing’s first. You’ll want to get an account on Front Gate Tickets, the official primary seller for Gov Ball tickets.
Before purchasing, be sure to read up on the rules and regulations when it comes to buying tickets, ticket limits, etc. There are a lot. We’ve highlighted the main ones here, but it’s always good to know all the intricate details and really understand what you may be looking to buy, so check out the official FAQ page for answers to any of your questions.
What Kinds of Passes Are There for Governors Ball?
3-Day General Admission Festival Pass – $319 + fees
Allows entry to the venue for all of the artists’ performances on each of the four separate stages and satellite performance areas over the festival’s three days, access to some of New York City’s best food establishments, as well as craft beer and cocktails in all 21+ areas.
3-Day VIP Pass – $709 + fees
Grants VIP access for all 3 days of the festival, including VIP Viewing Areas, flushable (airconditioned) bathrooms, phone charging stations, a full cash bar, free water, private Wifi, and a separate fast lane at each entrance.
Platinum Pass – $2,235 + fees
This exclusive VIP experience has it all. It includes exclusive frontstage viewing, access to the Platinum lounge with an all inclusive beer, wine, and cocktail bar, comfy seating, air-conditioned, flushable bathrooms, free food and beverage (including alcohol) at any spot on festival grounds, access to VIP viewing areas at each stage, special backstage shortcuts, concierge service, customizable merch pack (shirt, hat, and poster), and a separate fast lane at festival entrance. All VIP areas are 21+ ONLY.
1-Day General Admission Pass (Any Day) – $129 + fees
1-Day VIP (Any Day) – $269 + fees
Cabanas – prices available upon request
How To Get To Governors Ball
Because the festival is no longer on Randall’s Island, transportation is much easier and cheaper.
- Subway ride one way costs $2.75. You’ll want to take the 7 train to the Mets/Willets Point stop. Just search “Citi Field” on your map app to find the closest station to you (P.S. they’re all over the city).
- Long Island Railroad one way ticket costs $5. You’ll want to get on at Penn Station and stop at Mets/Willets Point. The train runs every 30 minutes.
- The MTA bus costs $2.75 per ride and goes straight into Citi Field if you take the Q48.
- Ride share and Taxis can be taken to 126th Street between Shea Rd & Roosevelt Ave. This is the ONLY drop-off and pick-up spot for the festival.
- Parking is limited and can only be purchased ahead of time online here.
- Designated biking areas are located at the field if that’s your chosen transportation.
More general information to note:
- Gov Ball is open to all ages this year.
- There’s a ticket purchase limit directly from the festival’s website of six (6) for GA and VIP per person.
- There is NO re-entry each day of the festival, guests may enter and exit only once per day.
- No large or hard sided coolers, lawn furniture or hard back chairs, glass containers, large backpacks, or professional still camera equipment are allowed.
- For ADA Access information, click here
- Orders will not ship to P.O. boxes.
- The only bags allowed are small CLEAR bags (no larger than 12″ x 6” x 12”) and small clutch-type bags (no larger than 4.5″ x 6.5″).
- Keep in mind that if you end up with passes that you can’t use, you can always resell them here on TickPick.
Does Governors Ball Have Single-Day Tickets?
Most festivals only release full weekend passes – at first. Once they sell out of all of their 3-day passes, Governors Ball has traditionally released single day tickets for fans who are only looking to catch a single headliner. These single day passes hit the secondary market and do typically cost more than the price for individual days if you purchase the full 3-day pass at once, but if you’re only looking to go for one day or can make it one day, it’s worth saving the money and going with the single day.
Where Can I Sell My Governors Ball Tickets?
If you’ve purchased Gov Ball 2022 tickets but are unable to use them, you can list them for sale for free on TickPick. If your tickets sell, you’ll be charged a 15% commission that is the same as any other secondary ticket marketplace would charge, but the buyer of your tickets won’t be charged any service fees whatsoever.
This means that your ticket buyer will pay less money for the same Gov Ball pass that they would pay on other sites (meaning they get better prices), but you’d still be paid out the same amount.
How to Get Sold Out Governors Ball Tickets
If you weren’t able to secure Governors Ball tickets directly through the website’s original on sale date, don’t worry, you’re not alone. Passes can still be purchased from secondary marketplaces, although the prices will not be at face value. With the massive popularity of Gov Ball, market prices are anticipated to be on the higher side, but that doesn’t mean that good deals can’t be had – if you know where to look.
How to Get the Cheapest Governors Ball Tickets
With high prices come high 10-20% service fees with many marketplaces, but not TickPick. Here at TickPick we have no service fees, making us your source for the cheapest Governors Ball 2022 passes on the secondary market. Trust us, these are guaranteed best prices! If you have not used TickPick before, you can sign up with the link below for $10 off your first purchase. If you have any questions regarding Governors Ball tickets, please feel free to submit a request here.