Welcome to TickPick’s Ohio Stadium seating chart. Here we will cover everything you need to know before purchasing Buckeyes Football tickets, including seat views, student sections, premium seating, parking, and where you can find the same Ohio State football seats at prices 10% cheaper than our leading competitor.
- 1 Ohio Stadium History and Overview
- 2 Ohio Stadium Seating Chart
- 3 Ohio Stadium Section Breakdown
- 4 Parking and Tailgating at Ohio Stadium
- 5 Best Seats at Ohio Stadium
- 6 Handicapped & ADA Seating at Ohio Stadium
- 7 How to Get Cheaper Ohio State Buckeyes Tickets
Ohio Stadium History and Overview
Ohio Stadium, home to the Ohio State Buckeyes, is located in Columbus, Ohio. The “Horseshoe”, nicknamed for its shape, began construction in 1921 and was completed on October 7th, 1922. Ohio Stadium holds 102,329 fans, making it the fourth largest football stadium in the United States, and the largest in Ohio. Funny enough, Ohio Stadium did not have permanent lighting for night games until 2014.
Ohio Stadium Seating Chart
Hover over any section for a row breakdown
Ohio Stadium Section Breakdown
Ohio Stadium follows an odd/even section pattern. The west side of the stadium uses odd numbers (sections 1-39), while the east side uses even numbers (sections 2-38). Ohio Stadium has also tiered off each level alphabetically A-E. The A-level is closest to the field, whereas, the E-level is the highest area in the stadium.
The vast majority of seats at the stadium are bleacher seating, meaning no chair backs. Chair backs are an option, but they are more expensive and are predominately in the club and suite level sections. More on that below.
Buckeyes Student Section
The Ohio State Student Sections at Ohio Stadium are located in sections 31-39 (All South End Zone Sections) and in sections 1-7 in levels A and C. “Block O” which was established in 1938, is the official spirit organization of the Ohio State University. Block O South is located in section 39A and Block O North is located in section 1A and 2A of Ohio Stadium.
Big 10 football is the rowdiest in the country, so these sections will be the life of the party at Buckeyes games. If you are bringing kids to the game, we would advise steering clear of sections adjacent to these as well.
Student tickets sell out quickly since only a small portion are allotted to the student body. More importantly, you won’t be able to purchase student section tickets on the secondary market as only currently enrolled OSU students are eligible for these seats.
Ohio Stadium Club Seating
Ohio Stadium Club Seating is found in sections C1-C5, and these five sections are split between ‘Platinum’ C2-C4 (closest to 50 yard line) and ‘Gold’ C1 and C5. These club seats are extra wide and have chair backs, and provided access to club lounges and upscale food and beverage.
Ohio Stadium B Deck Seating
Visiting Team Fan Sections
Sections 6C, 8C, 10C, and 4AA-10AA are the designated visiting team sections at Ohio Stadium. Be aware that the visiting teams sit in row 8 and higher (rows 8-41) in sections 8C and 10C.
If you are fan of the opposing team and want to ensure you sit with your fellow fans, these sections are where you want to be. If you are a Buckeyes fan, make sure you avoid these sections!
Parking and Tailgating at Ohio Stadium
There is plenty of parking at Ohio Stadium, but not all lots are created equal.
- Parking passes can be purchased on the secondary market, but of course are sold at market value.
- Parking is available day of game on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Shuttle service to Ohio Stadium is available free of charge for guests who park on west campus (parking lots west of SR 315).
- The only permit lot is the lot immediately west of Ohio Stadium. Spaces in these lots are held for permit holders until 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- The RV Parking Lot is located in the Buckeye Lot off of Fred Taylor drive, north of Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The RV lot opens at 5am on GameDay.
- The area south of Lane, north of Chittenden, and west of Summit belongs to the students. Tailgating and partying are a way of life in this area.
- The Schottenstein Center is where all RV tailgating is located.
- For tailgating, tents may be set up NO EARLIER than 5:00pm on the Thursday prior to a home football game (Saturday). Tents must be removed by NOON on the day after the home football (Sunday).
- Cell service can get spotty, so it’s advised to mark your tailgate with a large (unique) flag so friends and family can find you.
- Don’t be in a rush to leave after the game, you are better off finishing your leftovers at your tailgate and waiting for traffic to die down.
Best Seats at Ohio Stadium
The best seats for a Ohio State Game are in the aforementioned club seats, or the AA sections closest to midfield. If you are looking to avoid the elements, the B deck tickets along the sideline are a fantastic option as well, especially since those seats have chair backs.
Personally, I prefer sitting near the student sections (see above). There is a contagious energy that spreads from the students to every surrounding section. It makes for a unique and thrilling game day experience.
Handicapped & ADA Seating at Ohio Stadium
For those who are confined to a wheelchair and/or those looking to attend a game at Ohio Stadium with somebody who is, there is some important information that you’ll want to know. If you’re seeking ADA or handicapped seating, you’ll find that there are accessible rows at the top of most sections within the ballpark and spread throughout. If necessary, folding chairs will be provided with guests, such as ones looking to sit with a fan confined to a wheelchair. One trick you can use to filter tickets that are handicapped or ADA accessible is by using our “Additional filters +” button on the event page that allow you to select “ADA (wheelchair accessible),” which shows all seats that the seller has marked as handicapped seating.
How to Get Cheaper Ohio State Buckeyes Tickets
Most other ticket marketplaces charge high service fees in addition to the listed price, but not TickPick. Here at TickPick, we have no service fees, making us your source for cheaper Ohio State Football tickets on the secondary market. If you haven’t used TickPick before, you can sign up with the link below for $10 off your first purchase. If you have any questions regarding Ohio State Buckeyes Football tickets, please feel free to submit a request here.
Have any additional questions or tips of your own? Let us know if the comments below.