The Jets and Giants are the only intracity rivalry in the NFL. On top of that, they share MetLife Stadium just outside of NYC in New Jersey. But when it comes to tailgate policies, they remain the same for both teams. Plus, MetLife encourages New York Jets and New York Giants tailgating. Therefore, in this blog we go into all things New York football tailgating.
Also, check out our New York Giants and Jets seating chart to help you find the best seat at MetLife Stadium.
- 1 Where are the Tailgate Lots at MetLife Stadium?
- 2 MetLife Stadium Parking Map for Giants and Jets
- 3 How To Get a MetLife Stadium Parking Pass
- 4 MetLife Stadium Tailgating Rules
- 5 Official Jets and Giants Tailgate Party
- 6 Unofficial Giants and Jets Tailgating
- 7 Get Cheap New York Giants Tickets and Cheap New York Jets Tickets
Where are the Tailgate Lots at MetLife Stadium?
Nearly everywhere! Tailgating is encouraged and allowed at almost all MetLife Stadium parking lots. The “platinum” spaces closest to the field are for premium seat licensees only. The remaining “gold” spaces are for both general and premium parking. You can easily see on the map below which are gold and platinum. Tailgating’s allowed in all lots, except those couple colored red on the map. Keep in mind it’s important to get parking permits ahead of time. We’ll show you how below.
MetLife Stadium Parking Map for Giants and Jets
How To Get a MetLife Stadium Parking Pass
Buying a Jets parking pass or a Giants parking pass when buying tickets on TickPick is easy. All you have to do is add in a parking permit to your ticket purchase. Click the orange button below the seating map to see parking pass options. But keep in mind we also sell off-site parking. You can also get parking on the MetLife Stadium official website.
MetLife Stadium Tailgating Rules
It’s important to follow stadium tailgating rules so you won’t get kicked out and lose tailgating privileges. Below is a condensed list taken from the official MetLife Stadium website where you can find more detailed tailgating rules.
Jets and Giants Tailgating Rules at MetLife Stadium
- Consume alcohol responsibly
- Tailgating is permitted in all MetLife Sports Complex parking lots
- Grills and other heating devices are not allowed in the parking decks
- Unauthorized commercial tailgating and marketing activities are strictly prohibited
- ONE CAR = ONE SPACE
- Tailgating should be limited to the lined parking space and the area directly behind or in front of each vehicle
- Blocking drive lanes is prohibited
- Tents or canopies exceeding an 8’ x 8’ footprint and vehicles measuring more than 18’ in length and/or 8’ in width are not permitted to park in a lined parking space
- Saving parking spaces is not permitted
- Drive aisles and fire lanes need to be kept clear at all times for free access of emergency vehicles
- Grills are permitted for tailgating enjoyment
- No disposal of hot coals in open parking spaces, under vehicles, or next to parked vehicles
- Open fires are not permitted
- Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying is prohibited
Official Jets and Giants Tailgate Party
For those riding the train or those not interested in lugging tailgate gear around, MetLife Stadium always hosts official tailgate parties. You can enjoy lots of food, games, entertainment, and activities for all ages in the plaza areas. For New York Giants and New York Jets games, the Bud Light Beer Garden is open in Lot F.
Unofficial Giants and Jets Tailgating
If you’re looking to tailgate more relaxed or outside of the stadium, there are lots of Giants and Jets tailgate options.
New York Jets Bars
Some popular sports bars in the stadium area to watch a Jets game are The New Park Tavern, Blarney Station, The Rock, Knockout Sports Bar N’ Grill, and Mickey’s. Some other Jets bars in New York City are Rocky McBride’s in Queens, Fulton Hall in Brooklyn, and Dive Bar, Blondie’s Sports, Printers Alley, or Mustang Harry’s in Manhattan.
New York Giants Bars
Make sure you do your research before heading to a sports bar on game day in the area. You want to make sure your team is welcome!
Get Cheap New York Giants Tickets and Cheap New York Jets Tickets
Now that you’ve read through this MetLife tailgate guide you’re ready to buy football game day tickets! At TickPick we have New York Jets tickets and New York Giants tickets with no fees. We also pride ourselves on being 10% cheaper than our leading competitor on the secondary market. In addition, we’ve got sold out Jets and Giants tickets for last-minute NFL tickets.
Plus, new users get $10 off. Therefore, sign up below or download the TickPick app to redeem. Easily track NFL game prices using our Flex Feature within the app.