Asking if Vivid Seats is Legit is like asking if Stubhub is legit.

When looking to buy sports, concert, or theater tickets, it’s hard to find an honest company with a solid guarantee, a good reputation, excellent customer support, and cheap ticket prices. To be clear, Vivid Seats is a legitimate business that does hundreds of millions of dollars in ticket sales each year.

Find Tickets Cheaper Than Those on Vivid Seats

Vivid Seats Reviews

If you search for reviews of Vivid Seats, you will come across quite a few customers complaining. Most complaints are about something that is outside of Vivid Seats’ control. For example, if a seller ships e-ticket printouts instead of hard tickets – which many sellers do this to protect themselves and the customer from fraud, as this eliminates the chances of tickets getting copied numerous times – the customer may complain due to being confused about what they’ve received.

When comparing the experience with using Vivid Seats versus Stubhub (in our humble opinion), I would typically choose Stubhub, but things are starting to change. Over the last few years, Stubhub has worked hard to improve their ticket replacement policy. What does this mean? Well, when you buy tickets on any ticket site, it’s actually possible that those tickets aren’t really available (this typically occurs when two buyers buy the same tickets on two different sites within minutes or seconds of each other).

Stubhub has created an industry standard of trying to find similar tickets at no cost to the buyer. Of course this doesn’t always happen as sellers sometimes make BIG mistakes such as listing Super Bowl tickets for the wrong price, which then leaves Stubhub in a place where they will cancel the order. Currently we’re not aware what Vivid Seats does if replacement tickets are needed, but in the past, most ticket sites would cancel your order and unfortunately ask you to look for other tickets.

Vivid Seats Ticket Prices

Ticket prices on Vivid Seats are an interesting thing. While Vivid Seats certainly has some things going for it, ticket prices are one of the trickier topics.

Vivid Seats has roughly the same fees as Stubhub does. Stubhub charges sellers between 10% and 15% and buyers 10% to a whopping 25% in some cases, for a total of 25 to 35% in fees alone. Vivid Seats charges anywhere between 15% and 24%. Stubhub’s fees can be shown all-in within the ticket listing price (if a user opts to click on a filter before beginning to check out that does show the buyer prices that include the fees), while Vivid Seats doesn’t offer an option that shows you the final ticket price until checkout.

To combat the high fees, Vivid Seats has done a good job working with ticket brokers to receive lower ticket prices, or discounts verses the prices that the same broker provides Stubhub. Vivid Seats also offers many different rewards and discounts, mostly for loyal customers (learn more about Vivid Seats coupon codes).

Stubhub and Vivid Seats Alternatives

Unlike Stubhub and Vivid Seats, TickPick charges buyers no additional fees, and the price you see while browsing for tickets is the price that you will pay at checkout.

TickPick’s ticket prices were the lowest price on more than 90% of the tickets that we searched and compared, and with TickPick you get cheap tickets without any of the fees or hidden service charges all with a great customer support team that is available 24/7 via email and 9 am to 9 pm by phone. If you have any questions or need help buying tickets, please feel free to submit a request here for a timely response.

Now you know that  TickPick is a great alternative to buy tickets (without any fees) for sports, concerts, and theater!

Disclaimer: Please note that Vivid Seats and our company TickPick are competitors and in no way affiliated with one another.

Share This